Sunday, September 11, 2011

I'm doing better now...

Psalm 145:17-18  "The Lord is righteous in all his ways and loving toward all he has made.  The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth."

I went to a counselor a couple of days ago and he taught me this really cool thing...A C T S....
A  is for accept what I have...Crohn's
C  is for choices that I make...do I make the choice of being mad and sad about it or do I want to live my life while I have a life...sometimes I choose the second one
T  is to take action of my choice...
S  (we added on the S...)  is for the Serenity Prayer...God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

It's really, really hard for a ten year old to do.

4 comments:

  1. Hey, sweet girl, I am even more prouder (is that a word?) of you after reading this! These are hard lessons for a ten year old, but God knew you could handle it. He never gives us more than we can handle with His strength. We are weak, but HE is STRONG!! To God be the glory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Psalm 120:1 I took my troubles to the Lord; I cried out to him, and He answered my prayer.

    This was in my email today from KLOVE's encouraging word for the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi caroline,
    your name is the same as my oldest granddaughter:) she is 8.
    i know your travis cousins. we have been praying for you.
    i am also a nurse.

    have you read any books about other people who have had health issues they had to accept? one person like that is joni erickson tada (i always misspell her middle name) her fist book is very interesting. it tells what happened to her and how she learned to adjust to it. i think the title was simply JONI. i'll bet you would enjoy reading it. i know you will find some common pieces to the story that you are adjusting to in yours.

    also, joni has a blog. i THINK it is called joni and friends. you might enjoy seeing her blog too. i'll bet pieces of her radio program are on it too don't know if it is local. it is a 15 min. program but i know it would be interesting for you to listen to on the computer.

    we continue praying for you as you adjust to this disease. we know God will guide you and your family in the decisions you have to make in the years ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://quirksofwritting.blogspot.com/

    I didn't have your email so here you go...congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete